Tyres can wear out faster by under-inflation or over-inflation. Some effects of under-inflation:
- Reduced tread life through increased tread wear on the outside edges (or shoulders) of the tyre.
- Generation of excessive heat, which reduces tyre durability and can lead to tyre failure.
- Reduction in fuel economy through increased rolling resistance (soft tyres make your vehicle work harder).
- Check your tyres regularly for proper inflation. Abnormal tyre wear may also be caused by misalignment or mechanical problems.
Tyres can wear out faster by under-inflation or over-inflation. Some effects of over-inflation:
- On an over-inflated tyre, the center of the tread bears most of the load and wears out faster than the outside edges.
- To prevent over-inflation, always check tyres when they are cold or before they have been driven.